SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ampure versus Qiaquick for small amounts of DNA Scotch Sample Prep / Library Generation 12 05-16-2017 08:50 AM
Large DNA loss post PCR/AMPure clean mamor Sample Prep / Library Generation 8 08-29-2013 03:29 PM
Number of PCR How many PCR cycles to enrich adapter-modified DNA fragments MGH Man Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 07-26-2010 05:15 AM

Old 08-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #1
hduborjal

Default PCR directly on DNA binds to Ampure XP

Hi everybody,
During the library preparation it's possible to conserved Ampure beads during the different enzymatic reaction (it's the with beads strategy for improving yield, Fisher et al. Genome Biology 2011).
Nevertheless, after double size selection, the library is always eluted from Ampure before PCR amplification.
I want to know if it is possible to carry out a PCR directly on library not eluated from Ampure beads after size selection ?
hduborjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #2
Beatrice

I have done it..... it worked. I think the 1X PC buffer by itself remove the DNA from the magnetic beads resulting in (1) free DNA and (2) "inert" beads for the PCR reaction.
Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
cmbetts

The short answer is that it depends on which PCR polymerase you're using. When doing some previous methods development, I tested about half a dozen polymerases amplifying either directly on the beads or after elution (All made by a previous employer, so I won't mention names). Some polymerases worked equally well under either condition, while others were completely inhibited by the presence of beads. However, elution from the beads is essentially quantitative (I've measured >99% if you're good at getting every last microliter), so it's probably a safer bet not to risk your samples unless you have a strong incentive not to elute.
cmbetts is offline   Reply With Quote