SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sequencing low concentrated amplicons on MiSeq sriman Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 10-23-2017 06:42 AM
Covaris shearing concentrated DNA esherman Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 01-08-2015 08:26 AM
Newbie:Use of kit for library prep.Why can I just amplify using index,adaptor seq.? Ayaka Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 05-08-2014 09:08 PM
Wang, 'Low Cost Library Construction...': Low Concentration MAdkisson RNA Sequencing 2 02-19-2014 03:33 PM
Did low input library and traditional library generated RNAseq data can be compared? bioinforD Bioinformatics 6 11-25-2013 07:57 AM

Old 10-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #1
Jin1

Default re-amplify low concentrated library

We are preparing RNA-Seq libraries for Illumina HiSeq 3000. However, a few of the libraries are low in concentration (<5 nM, tested on Agilent Bioanalyzer High Sensitivity DNA chip) and we can not go back for RNA isolation. Can we take aliquot of 2 ul from the library and re-amplify for 5 cycles (and bead purify) to ensure proper yield? And can we use this data for following analysis (compare gene expression levels)?
Jin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:06 PM   #2
luc

Hi Jin1,

I assume you will be pooling multiple libraries? ; thus, the molarity of the final pool will have to meet the requirements of your sequencing service -- not the individual libraries.
If you also have higher concentrated libraries it is very likely that the final concentration will be no problem.

I would very much avoid amplifying a subset of the libraries in additional PCR reactions and cleanups - this likely could introduce technical variation. I would rather amplify all if absolutely needed.
luc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:54 AM   #3
Jin1

Hi Luc,
Thanks for your reply! The re-amplification is only for one or two samples (out of hundred; and are from different biological replicates) which failed to get enough yield.
Jin1 is offline   Reply With Quote