No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DexterDuncan View Post
    Hi All,

Is there a protocol for preparing and running the pindel candidates with dindel, i.e. an example? I have run both programs and they are great. We want to use both dindel and pindel, but I am having some trouble understanding how to run dindel with the pindel candidates as we do need the VCF for pindel.

Thanks,

Dexter Duncan

We do have a pindel2vcf converter and still testing it. We will make it available tomorrow (May 5 2011) at https://trac.nbic.nl/pindel/downloads.

Cheers,

Kai

Comment

Hi Kai,

Thanks so much. I will download the newest verson of pindel and the new pindel2vcf converter.

Today I ran concensus of dindel and pindel resuts where I used the same benchmark files earlier from both--worked fine. Not sure yet what our group will do but we may merge the results of pindel and dindel. Any ideas on that method? It appears that is similar as using pindel candidates to run with dindel.

Thanks to you, Kai and your group, and to you, Kees and your group for such nice tools!

Dex
      Last edited by DexterDuncan; 06-06-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Hi Kai,

could you comment on the options for -R <name_and_version_of_reference_genome> in pindel2vcf?

can I use

-R hg19

, the -h help does not specify much.

Best,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dnusol View Post
          Hi Kai,

could you comment on the options for -R <name_and_version_of_reference_genome> in pindel2vcf?

can I use

-R hg19

, the -h help does not specify much.

Best,

Dave
          -R is to specify the reference version while -r is for the path and file name of the reference.

kai

Comment

What does thumbs down mean in the upper left hand corner of a post as opposed to default?

Thanks,

Dex

Comment

What does thumbs down mean in the upper left hand corner of a post as opposed to default?

Thanks,

Dex
              Not sure what do you mean. Can you describe further?

Kai

Comment

Red Thumbs Down

Hi Kai,

In the upper left corner of each post there is an image of a document such as a letter. In one of my posts in the upper left corner there is an image of a hand with the thumb down. When I hover over this with the mouse the pop up says thumbs down. When I hover over the document images the popups say default.

Thanks,

Dex

Comment

In the upper left corner of each post there is an image of a document such as a letter. In one of my posts in the upper left corner there is an image of a hand with the thumb down. When I hover over this with the mouse the pop up says thumbs down. When I hover over the document images the popups say default.
                  If you notice, upon responding to any the author is given a choice of a few post icons (smiley's, etc). The default is a document image, and the next one is a thumbs down (which is easy to select by accident with a errant tab or arrow-press).

Comment

A great big thanks!

Thanks so much for letting me know how to fix this!

Dexter Duncan

Comment

Originally posted by KaiYe View Post
                      We do have a pindel2vcf converter and still testing it. We will make it available tomorrow (May 5 2011) at https://trac.nbic.nl/pindel/downloads.

Cheers,

Kai
                      Sorry. I don't know which one contains the pindel2vcf converter on the downloads page. Could you tell me? Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by songsy View Post
                        Sorry. I don't know which one contains the pindel2vcf converter on the downloads page. Could you tell me? Thank you very much.
                        It is download item 27 at

And you will also find the source code in the svn.

Kai

Comment

Originally posted by KaiYe View Post
                          It is download item 27 at

And you will also find the source code in the svn.

Kai
                          Thank you very much. It works fine.
                          I still have some questions for the output of pindel:
                          1. the LI output has a different header and I don't quite understand. The attach is one output. I don't know what does number 4 and 10 means? The insertion size is 121484692-121484686=4? And what's the relationship between the two sequences separated by dash lines?
                          2. I don't quite understand the INV output. It seems that the sequence in lower case is the inversion, is that right? Is it the reversed sequence of the reference? I don't know why the supporting read doesn't seem to match the sequence in lower case.
                          3. If I want to confirm breakdancer result, is it ok if I put the output of breakdancer after "-b"? I've tried, but found no similar results.

Thank you very much!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by songsy View Post
                            Thank you very much. It works fine.
                            I still have some questions for the output of pindel:
                            1. the LI output has a different header and I don't quite understand. The attach is one output. I don't know what does number 4 and 10 means? The insertion size is 121484692-121484686=4? And what's the relationship between the two sequences separated by dash lines?
                            2. I don't quite understand the INV output. It seems that the sequence in lower case is the inversion, is that right? Is it the reversed sequence of the reference? I don't know why the supporting read doesn't seem to match the sequence in lower case.
                            3. If I want to confirm breakdancer result, is it ok if I put the output of breakdancer after "-b"? I've tried, but found no similar results.

Thank you very much!
                            1. The left and right breakpoint of LI (large insertion) are displayed (121484692-121484686). The right coordinate may be smaller than left due to microhomology. The two fields separated by dash lines are reads aligned to the left and right breakpoints, respectively.
                            2. For INV (inversion), the lower case is the inverted sequences. Can you svn the latest version of Pindel to check whether the alignment is fine. Can you send me the Pindel version number and the picture by email to me ([email protected]).
                            3. with -b BreakDancer.output, Pindel will try to assemble the breakpoints of them. If you use -Q BreakDancer.Asm, the events with split-read support will be stored in the file BreakDancer.Asm. The assemble efficiency is not 100% and we are working on this. Any comments are welcome.

Kai

Comment

I have some probelems running pidel and dindel.

pindel2vcf was performed, and get some vcf files, sample_D.vcf and sample_SI.vcf etc.
                              1) convertVCFToDindel was running,,,,
                              An error occurred!
                              Traceback (most recent call last):
                              File "/home/peshon/bin/convertVCFToDindel.py", line 87, in <module>
                              main(sys.argv[1:])
                              File "/home/peshon/bin/convertVCFToDindel.py", line 80, in main
                              convert(inputVCFFile = options.inputFile, outputVariantFile = options.outputFile, parameters = parameters)
                              File "/home/peshon/bin/convertVCFToDindel.py", line 39, in convert
                              if float(dat['QUAL'])>=parameters['minQual']:
                              ValueError: invalid literal for float(): .
                              [

2) dindel --analysis realignCandidates was runnning,,,,
                              There are many same error message.
                              Could not parse all frequencies in line xxxxx in variants file.
                              Could not parse any variants in line: xxxxx SKIPPING.

I cannot completely understand for dindel manual 5.3, yet.
                              Would you tell me a best way of dindel running with candidate variants from pindel output?

Comment

Originally posted by peshon View Post
                                I have some probelems running pidel and dindel.

pindel2vcf was performed, and get some vcf files, sample_D.vcf and sample_SI.vcf etc.
                                1) convertVCFToDindel was running,,,,
                                An error occurred!
                                Traceback (most recent call last):
                                File "/home/peshon/bin/convertVCFToDindel.py", line 87, in <module>
                                main(sys.argv[1:])
                                File "/home/peshon/bin/convertVCFToDindel.py", line 80, in main
                                convert(inputVCFFile = options.inputFile, outputVariantFile = options.outputFile, parameters = parameters)
                                File "/home/peshon/bin/convertVCFToDindel.py", line 39, in convert
                                if float(dat['QUAL'])>=parameters['minQual']:
                                ValueError: invalid literal for float(): .
                                [

2) dindel --analysis realignCandidates was runnning,,,,
                                There are many same error message.
                                Could not parse all frequencies in line xxxxx in variants file.
                                Could not parse any variants in line: xxxxx SKIPPING.

I cannot completely understand for dindel manual 5.3, yet.
                                Would you tell me a best way of dindel running with candidate variants from pindel output?
                                I had that same error and was able to fix it by commenting the lines out of the script that dealt with the minQual variable. However, I then had the problem that the script would only work with the pindel SI file, not the D file, and then only a subset of the SI lines (the ones with an "N") would actually be converted.

So, what I just did was to take the pindel SI and D files and use the pindel script to convert them to VCF format. Then I took those files and for each variant in the insertion file (including any with "N"), I took the chromosome, base, and inserted sequence of each line. Ex:

Code:
                                chr1    9325703 .       C       CT      .       PASS    END=9325704;HOMLEN=6;HOMSEQ=TTTTTT;SVLEN=1;SVTYPE=INS   GT:DP   0/1:5
                                becomes

Code:
                                chr1 9325703 +T
                                Note the spaces, not tabs. I am always deleting the first character in the 5th column.

For the deletion file, I did the same thing but I only took rows that had the "DEL" tag in the INFO field (the other ones are rearrangements of some sort), and I doing the same thing except inputting a "-" instead of a "+". I still delete the first character except this time I keep the fourth column, not the fifth.

Then, after generating this file, realign those positions to the left most coordinate with the dindel script:

Code:
                                dindel-1.01-src/dindel --analysis realignCandidates --varFile [pindel_variant_list] --outputFile [pindel_variants_realigned] --ref [ref_seq.fa]
                                Lastly, after the first dindel command, I concatenate the previous output to the dindel output:

Code:
                                dindel-1.01-src/dindel --analysis getCIGARindels --bamFile [aligned_file.bam] --outputFile [first_dindel_output] --ref [ref_seq.fa]

cat first_dindel_output.variants.txt pindel_variants_realigned > new_dindel_variants.txt
                                And then I used that last file for the rest of dindel.

I do not have any validated indel data to see if this actually improves the indel calls. In my targeted sequence I did go from 291 calls with just dindel to 343 calls when including the pindel calls as described above. I did not do any filtering until the very end when I filtered out variants that were not in my targeted regions.

I can't state for certain this is the right way to do this, but as Pindel does not output quality scores of any type I think this may be the best method. I'd love to get more input from others.
                                Last edited by Heisman; 12-24-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses