SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Concentration of lambda dna Shiwali Goyal General 2 09-08-2015 12:46 AM
Low DNA concentration cngl Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 08-11-2015 05:19 AM
DNA concentration with Ampure? jdp Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-11-2014 04:35 AM
DNA concentration increased MonaE Ion Torrent 19 09-05-2013 09:49 AM
help regarding starting concentration of dna balaji_chattopadhyay Illumina/Solexa 1 06-21-2012 09:35 AM

Old 09-24-2020, 12:46 AM   #1
sidolfus

Default Why is my DNA concentration and absorbance ratios fluctuating?

I have done DNA extraction on human saliva using Promega ReliaPrep™ Blood gDNA Miniprep System that have been expired for more than five years now. When I initially checked the DNA concentration and the absorbance ratio, it shows a decent DNA concentration (~100 ng/ul) and decent absorbance ratios (A260/A280 = ~1.8 and A260/A230 = ~2.2). When I checked the DNA concentration and absorbance ratio a second time sometimes within minutes to days from the first check, the DNA concentration and absorbance ratio either drops or increases wildly.

For every nanodrop and qubit measurements, I have vortexed the tube first. For nanodrop specifically, I have used 2 µL and make sure to eliminate air bubbles.

Why is there many fluctuations in DNA concentration and absorbance ratios on my salivary human DNA samples?

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.
sidolfus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dna extraction, nanodrop, qubit