No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCF format from mileup

Hi all,

I want to get basic information regarding variant calling in a vcf format - in term of general coverage at each base as well as every allele coverage at each bas.
    Running samtools' mpileup doesn't give the "AC" (allele count) attribute I need.

I find it hard to believe that mpileup give a lot of statistics for each base, but doesn't supply a raw count of each allele.

What am I missing?

Thanks!
    Rachelly.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
    by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
    09-09-2024, 10:59 AM
  • seqadmin
    Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
    by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
    08-27-2024, 04:44 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 09-11-2024, 02:44 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 09-06-2024, 08:02 AM
0 responses