Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbler cannot use a "project lock file"?

Hi,

I have been using Newbler (runAssembly) with no problems on one server and all the files and the binary are in fact stored on an NFS.

I am now trying to run it on a second server, also attached to the same NFS (so all the files/binary are the same), however I get this error:

$ runAssembly -o Newbler data11.sff
    Error: Unable to create project directory: Newbler
    Could not use a project lock file.
    Error in runAssembly: Error while creating the assembly project.
    Usage: runAssembly [-o projdir] [-nrm] [-p (sfffile | [regionlist:]analysisDir)]... (sfffile | [regionlist:]analysisDir)...

I presume it is having some permissions issue, but my username does have write permission, and before the error arrives it does in fact create the 'Newbler' directory. Does it try to write this "project lock file" somewhere else? Does anybody know where this lock file lives? or know what causes this error specifically?

thanks

adam
    Last edited by Adam Witney; 09-20-2011, 11:01 AM.

Can you double check the NFS file system is mounted the same way on both machines?

Comment

Yes, they are both mounted:

homes1:/homedirs8 on /homedirs8 type nfs (rw,soft,intr,bg,addr=IP)

Comment

The only time I've personally seen this was with a mounted drive, and I resorted to running it in a different directory.

Perhaps this is down to the version of the library used to mount the drive... curious. Are the two servers running similar operating systems? e.g. Both the same Linux distribution?

Comment

one is CentOS 5.5 and the other CentOS 5.6, so pretty similar. I will talk to our sysadmin tomorrow to see if he might know of any differences between the mountings

thanks

adam

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Non-Coding RNA Research and Technologies
            by seqadmin

Non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) do not code for proteins but play important roles in numerous cellular processes including gene silencing, developmental pathways, and more. There are numerous types including microRNA (miRNA), long ncRNA (lncRNA), circular RNA (circRNA), and more. In this article, we discuss innovative ncRNA research and explore recent technological advancements that improve the study of ncRNAs.

Nobel Prize for MicroRNA Discovery
            This week,...
            10-07-2024, 08:07 AM
          • seqadmin
            Recent Developments in Metagenomics
            by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
            09-23-2024, 06:35 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 10-15-2024, 06:35 AM
          0 responses