X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are files generated by bwa

Hell everyone,

I am just starting with bwa. I have no clue what does .ann .pac . amb .bwt
    means. I am trying to map reference fasta database of maize with given samples.

please help!!

Originally posted by prasadg View Post
    Hell everyone,

I am just starting with bwa. I have no clue what does .ann .pac . amb .bwt
    means. I am trying to map reference fasta database of maize with given samples.

please help!!
    Don't worry about them. They are files that makeup the reference index. It's the reference sequence transformed so that the short mapping can be carried out very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
      Don't worry about them. They are files that makeup the reference index. It's the reference sequence transformed so that the short mapping can be carried out very quickly.
      Thanks ..

I have one more question.
      I am trying to map difference sequences with reference fasta database. I have generated the different sam files by tweaking the paramaters of bwa in 'aln'.
      Now I want to compare those sam files . Compare of sam files is basically How many hits i got for perticular reference. How should I do this ?

Comment

Originally posted by prasadg View Post
        Thanks ..

I have one more question.
        I am trying to map difference sequences with reference fasta database. I have generated the different sam files by tweaking the paramaters of bwa in 'aln'.
        Now I want to compare those sam files . Compare of sam files is basically How many hits i got for perticular reference. How should I do this ?
        Samtools.

convert your .sams to .bam (you really should always pipe bwa sampe/sampe into samtools to convert on the fly. .sam files are stupidly and pointlessly large.

So, convert your .sam to .bam, sort the .bam, index it, and run samtools idxstats.

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
          Samtools.

convert your .sams to .bam (you really should always pipe bwa sampe/sampe into samtools to convert on the fly. .sam files are stupidly and pointlessly large.

So, convert your .sam to .bam, sort the .bam, index it, and run samtools idxstats.
          Thanks alot for your reply.

But this is the problem I am facing when I m tring to convert sam to bam using samtools

/bwa/new$ samtools view -b -S 12.sam > 1.bam
          [samopen] SAM header is present: 315121 sequences.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Non-Coding RNA Research and Technologies
            by seqadmin

Non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) do not code for proteins but play important roles in numerous cellular processes including gene silencing, developmental pathways, and more. There are numerous types including microRNA (miRNA), long ncRNA (lncRNA), circular RNA (circRNA), and more. In this article, we discuss innovative ncRNA research and explore recent technological advancements that improve the study of ncRNAs.

Nobel Prize for MicroRNA Discovery
            This week,...
            10-07-2024, 08:07 AM
          • seqadmin
            Recent Developments in Metagenomics
            by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
            09-23-2024, 06:35 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Today, 07:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 10-15-2024, 06:35 AM
          0 responses