Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable iterative search in BWA aln

Hi Heng Li, I tried to align 50-bp Illumina Short Reads to RefSeq RNA. Because I expected that some reads will be mapped to multiple transcripts from the same gene, I used the -N parameter to gather all possible mappings. My command is as following:

bwa aln -N -l 32 -t 4 Indexed_RefSeq FASTQ > xxx.sai

However, when I exam the output sam files, I found the following example, where the MAPQ=0, and CIGAR = 50M. My experience is this means that the read mapped to multiple locations. So the -N was not activiated? Please HELP? Thank you!!!

HWI-EAS217:1:1:222:1093#0 16 gi|57863262|ref|NM_198393.2| 4097 0 50M * 0 0 CCATCTCAGGAGCTACTTGATGACATTGAGCTCTTGAAACAGCAGCAGGG [_N]Nbab_aaa[aa]babaaabaababaabaaabaabaaabaaa XT:A:R NM:i:0 X0:i :2 X1:i:0 XM:i:0 XO:i:0 XG:i:0 MD:Z:50

We digged a little more into this. It seems that BWA -aln -N gives all alignment locations. However, the samese doesn't write out all the location that mapped equaly well.

Is that correct? Heng? Do we have options to read the .sai files directly to extract that information?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Exploring Human Diversity Through Large-Scale Omics
      by seqadmin

In 2003, researchers from the Human Genome Project (HGP) announced the most comprehensive genome to date1. Although the genome wasn’t fully completed until nearly 20 years later2, numerous large-scale projects, such as the International HapMap Project and 1000 Genomes Project, continued the HGP's work, capturing extensive variation and genomic diversity within humans. Recently, newer initiatives have significantly increased in scale and expanded beyond genomics, offering a more detailed...
      06-25-2024, 06:43 AM
    • seqadmin
      Best Practices for Single-Cell Sequencing Analysis
      by seqadmin

While isolating and preparing single cells for sequencing was historically the bottleneck, recent technological advancements have shifted the challenge to data analysis. This highlights the rapidly evolving nature of single-cell sequencing. The inherent complexity of single-cell analysis has intensified with the surge in data volume and the incorporation of diverse and more complex datasets. This article explores the challenges in analysis, examines common pitfalls, offers...
      06-06-2024, 07:15 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 07-03-2024, 09:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 07-03-2024, 08:54 AM
    0 responses