This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transriptome vs. Genome data

I am a newbie on NGS. I read a topic on seqanswer.com/wiki/How-to and was confused by the terms transcriptome data vs. genome data. What is the differences between these two types of data? Can anyone help me?
    Thank you.

Hard to say how much biology you know, but here goes: Transcriptome data come from sequencing RNA transcripts of which (generally) the protein coding transcripts are of greatest interest. Genome data comes sequencing the whole genome. If you need more information than then I suggest consulting biology textbooks or even Wikipedia.

Comment

Thanks for reply, Westerman!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Non-Coding RNA Research and Technologies
        by seqadmin

Non-coding RNAs (ncRNAs) do not code for proteins but play important roles in numerous cellular processes including gene silencing, developmental pathways, and more. There are numerous types including microRNA (miRNA), long ncRNA (lncRNA), circular RNA (circRNA), and more. In this article, we discuss innovative ncRNA research and explore recent technological advancements that improve the study of ncRNAs.

Nobel Prize for MicroRNA Discovery
        This week,...
        10-07-2024, 08:07 AM
      • seqadmin
        Recent Developments in Metagenomics
        by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
        09-23-2024, 06:35 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 07:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 10-15-2024, 06:35 AM
      0 responses