Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCR repertoire sequencing 2x300 Miseq (phiX% at 30) but low Q30 scores

We recently sequenced BCR repertoire samples prepared using NEBNext Immune Seq Kit, 22 libraries multiplexed in one lane. However, the sequencing results returned poor data with most libraries averaging around 20% Q30 scores. I tried to play around with it by assembling and filtering the pairs using pRESTO and seems like around 1-150 bp could pass Q20, but 151-300 bp is bad. The R2 fastq files are also much poorer in quality than the R1 files

Anyway, I am trying to isolate the problem as this could be a library problem? the PhiX% too high at 30% (Azenta sequencing suggested 30% for immune repertoire)? Or a MiSeq problem (as I have read in this forum complaining about MiSeq)?

I have attached files for your reference. Hoping you could help me understand this dilemma and what steps we can pursue after this.

1. these are some of my bioanalyzer results. granted, one of the libraries H46 may have higher fragments (still included in the library with no additional purification)

2. Azenta QC results with fragments above 700 bp (gel and tapestation)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tapestation.png
Views:	68
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	325938
    3. FastQC results of R1 and R2

Name:	R1.png
Views:	67
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	325939 Click image for larger version

Name:	R2.png
Views:	68
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	325940
    4. FastQC of assembled pairs

Name:	assembly.png
Views:	64
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	325941
    Looking forward to your comments. Let me know where I did wrong, if I can still recover anything from these sequences, and future steps.

PS. this is my first time performing bulk RNA sequencing, but had experience with scRNA and RADseq library preparations.
    Attached Files

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
    by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
    09-09-2024, 10:59 AM
  • seqadmin
    Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
    by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
    08-27-2024, 04:44 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:25 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
0 responses